SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dchezbot

Bare-root Roses

dchezbot
11 years ago

Hello,

Me and my wife just got married a few months ago and moved into a rental house with a horrible yard that hasn't been kept up with in years. I have been working hard to get everything cleared out and encouraging the desirable plants that sprout up. I have never gardened before, but have really enjoyed the process so far and have gotten very excited about growing roses. It's a relatively small house so I have chosen some miniature varieties that won't outgrow the front beds. I also plan to do a nice blaze climbing rose over the front porch. However despite all of my research and preparation I was enticed today into buying a bare root rose at a bargain store just for the heck of it. It was only $5 and I think it will be a fun experiment for my backyard. It is a Mister Lincoln. It is not in great shape (again only 5 dollars) but is reasonably moist. Obviously I can not plant it right now because we are having a random week of thunder storms and hail, so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to store it for the next few days. Do I need to open it and moisten the roots again, or just leave it till I am ready to plant next week? I also would not turn down any advice on planting it. Very excited but nervous for my first growing season!

Thanks

Comments (7)