SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sedum37

Fall New Eng. Courses, Lectures and Programs

sedum37
17 years ago

I am starting to see notes about fall gardening classes, lectures and programs scheduled around New England. I thought we could post these in this thread.

And I'll start by posting information on a lecture on stone walls at Westford, Mass library:

Dry Stone Walls of New England: Wednesday, October 18 @ 7 p.m. in the Meeting Room Have you ever admired 'the art of the dry stone wall' Discover their history and future with longtime dry stone-waller, Chris Tracey. If you caught Chris's wildly popular lecture in 2002, you'll want to join us for his updated program with new slides showcasing unique and ordinary structures composed of stone, without cement or mortar. This free program is open to all ages and does not require registration.

I went to the first talk in 2002 and this was a great talk! It definitely relates to gardens and gardening and he does discuss how to go about building your own stone wall. And for history buffs he talks a little about the history of the stone walls in New England.

Check it out.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Westford Library Free Talks

Comments (11)