SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Who Thinks Winter Weather Is Over?

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

Now that the dreaded "Easter Freeze" has come and gone, who thinks winter is over? I do.

I've looked at the Farmer's Almanac. I've looked at our local forecast. I've looked at 7-day forecasts, 10-day forecasts and even the 15-day forecast. I don't see anything in any of them that makes me feel like we'll have another freeze here in Love County. I know a remote chance of one more frost remains for another 3 weeks or so as we have had several light frosts in late April since moving here and one heavy one in early May (May 4, 2008). It seems like we had a frost in May 2002 also, but I am not sure of the date.

So, today I am going for it. I am carrying out all the flats of plants that have been sheltered inside since Sunday. (I could have carried them out yesterday but firefighting-related duties kept me busy the whole day.) If nothing happens to prevent it, I'll start planting today.

So, I am declaring (hee hee) winter is over and spring has begun here in Love County. Hallelujah! Let the planting games begin.

Who's agreeing with me? And, I know that some of you are farther north and may not be sure spring has arrived there yet, but it has arrived here. Trust me. Spring is here in southern OK. (And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am correct. LOL)

I'm not fooish though. I won't plant any specific variety of vegetable or flower until the soil temperatures are in the right range for it.

Dawn

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living