SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponce418

thoughts from a giddy newbie.

ponce418
16 years ago

guess what i did on lunch break today, my friends?

i ordered my fall plantin' bulbs. from bluestone perrenials. yup. a grand total of 150 bulbs!

to you seasoned folk that may not seem like alot. or it MAY seem like alot. i have no litmus as to what constitutes a plentiful supply of bulbs. but it seemed like the perfect plan. they have this assortment pack....everything from crocus to tulips....bloomin' at all different times of late winter to late spring. seemed PURRRRfect for my needs. the way i got it figured out, that's a good 30 bulbs per my 5 planting beds.

and on my way to an afternoon meeting, i could envision it. my yard...a masterpiece of gardening. neighbors walking by would have their jaws agape. yes, it was like a dream.

of course, on the ride home the humorous reality of the situation hit. i don't know what the heck i'm doin' yet. half of what i planted this year needs to be transplanted 'cause, ya know, those tags on the plants were right. this stuff gets rather big over the course of a season.

Gawd only knows what adventures await w/ these bulbs! but i cannot WAIT.

so far, so good. nothings died on me yet. ok, fine. a few things have looked alittle rough around the edges. but my secret weapon seems to work thus far.

what's my secret weapon?

well, i kneel down and get rather close to the plant and then i say, "lookit, i know and you know that i don't know what i'm doin'. but i'm tryin' real hard. so what do you say? give me one more blooming season and i PROMISE i'll get it right."

so far, so good. yes, indeedie. now, bring on those bulbs!

Comments (8)