SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmorepanic

BACKSPLASH Vote! or sex or margaritas or giddy talk

bmorepanic
13 years ago

We thought about doing a combination of a low stainless backsplash and some tile above it behind the range (about 2 feet tall and 2.5 feet wide. We originally wanted Trikeenan Tile, a sample of which is below with a few other choices.

Board 1 has two contenders, the larger white tile(1) and the larger terracotta tile(2)...

larger image of
, and zoomed image of

Two other choices are

larger image of
(3), and zoomed image of
(4)

Bit lighter both in feeling and textures is a blend from Winchester Tiles. This is a picture of their catalog picture in the room as no samples were available(5). Samples can be ordered from england.

Maybe using their picks - off white, soft yellow and sky blue. Maybe pearl, coral and soft yellow?

So our diverse feelings are:

--- dh likes the terracotta colored tile the best

--- he no longer likes the Trikeenan stoneware tile because its matte glaze and colors end up looking about the same as the stainless steel. I offered him a different color - saturn yellow or chartreuse. Seeing it at home, if we go with another version of the stoneware tiles, I'd vote to use some contrasting sparkly tiles with the stoneware above the range.

--- for my favorite, I am torn between the larger white tile (looks great in the room to me) and doing Winchester for more of a hit of color. The prep-cooking side is lookin' a bit modern and either would help with that.

Colors in the room are a pale, silvery green, red wood tones, stainless steel.

All comments, suggestions and drinks are welcome. Cheers!

Disclaimer: No actual sex is included with this post.

Comments (24)