SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_seattle

What's looking good in your garden this week?

grant_in_seattle
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

The rain sure feels good, doesn't it? My garden sure seems happy to see it too, especially since I was bad and planted a lot of new plants in the heat of summer (so far so good).

While some plants aren't looking great yet because they're new or small etc., some are looking terrific. What's looking good in your garden?

In my garden the roses are looking especially nice, as is the Clematis montana which is putting out a few off-season blooms (while continuing to devour the small shed out back (I will be trimming it back eventually)), and some salvias, coreopsis, and honeysuckles are really looking nice in the gentler light too.

Here's a pic of one of the roses, a very fragrant one, 'Christopher Marlowe' just opening up:

Here is an inherited dahlia (red), and a store bought one (it cost one dollar from Thriftway in July because its stem had been snapped off at six inches but was beginning to regrow). The Thriftway dahlia is just now hitting its stridge (along with the weeds (winter project!)). But I thought it looked nice with these statues I've been carting around for years:

Here are some annuals (can you tell I like bright color?!) that I've also carted around for years via cuttings. The impatiens I re-buy each spring, but the coleus and fancy-leaf zonal geraniums (Pelargoniums) I keep year-to-year from stem cuttings in autumn.

Okay, your turn. What's looking especially nice these days? Pics aren't required of course, but they're always welcome.

Happy gardening,

Grant

Comments (24)