SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

What is looking good in your December 2010 garden?

grant_in_arizona
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I know a lot of folks have been zapped with frost and chilly temperatures so far this winter (okay, still technially fall, I know), but a lot of people still have tons of beauty in their gardens. What about you? What's looking good in your garden?

I have a ton that doesn't look good, LOL, but the things that do look good are the bright and cheery citrus fruit ripening, plus leafy/fluffy flowering annuals (geraniums, petunias, snapdragons etc), and the all-winter-flowering (unless it gets zapped by a frost) popcorn cassia. What about your garden???

Below are a couple of pics from mine this week. Nothing fancy, but still nice to see. The pics are embedded below, and I put a link to my just-started December garden pics album at the bottom in case the embedded pics don't work.

Here's a St. Francis statue and a bunch of easy-care winter annuals on my south facing patio:

{{gwi:393682}}

I really like this large-flowered marigold that I started from seed a few months ago from a seed-swap with a friend in the UK:

{{gwi:426419}}

My small 'Minneola' tangelo that I planted three years ago is making its first, tasty crop.

{{gwi:426420}}

"Balsam" or "touch-me-not" type of Impatiens outside on the east side of my house. Most impatiens struggle for me, but this balsam type seems very happy.

{{gwi:426421}}

Good ol' nasturtiums taking over a 24 inch terracotta pot. They'll grow and bloom autumn through late spring when either heat or black aphids will kill them. They self-sow nicely around the garden too. What's not to love??

{{gwi:426422}}

All of the zinnias that I planted from seed in the garden back in July continue to grow and bloom even in mid-December. Great cut flowers too.

{{gwi:426423}}

I'm curious to see/hear what looks best in YOUR garden.

Take care,

Grant

Here is a link that might be useful: Grant's December 2010 garden pics

Comments (10)