SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just1morehosta

I Like Squirrels

just1morehosta
15 years ago

First of all, let me say this posting is in no way a slap or rebuttel to the other posting,matter of fact, i learned a lot, i never knew squirrels could be so damaging to property,when i lived in the city, we had no squirrels, and now in the woods, they prefer to stay in the woods,i also stand in no judgement of how to decide to choose their demise,i learned a long time ago, you never know what you would do if you were in others shoes,this is purley my observation of a little gray squirrel with a very busy tail:

The other day i was standing at the kitchen sink, doing dishes,and looking out the window,to the left of us are two trees,way to close together,an oak, and a shaggy bark hicory,(i have allways assumed a squirrel planted them,as no human would have planted them so close)straight ahead is a eye shaped hosta bed with my big statue of Neptune,beyond that is woods,to the right is a big oak with virgina creeper growing up it, it is a brilliant red right now,i am looking and thinking as i so often do,what beauty we all have to enjoy,when this little gray squirrel comes scampering into the picture,she is so busy, gathering up nuts that have fallen, now gray squirrels are not pretty,they really do look like rats,but this little girl,from her back hips to the tip of her tail, she is the most beautiful,silver,blue you could ever hope to see,i was just mesmerized,at the color of her,now, she does not know she is pretty,nor does she care, she is on a mission,and that is all that matters,to gather enough food for the long days ahead of her.

This got me to thinking,wouldn't it be nice if we all thought that way,no care as to who is pretty or who is not,but then also, even if you are not a beauty,there is always something nice about all of us,i have a neighbor who is very over weight,her hubby died a few years ago, he always loved her ankles,thought they were nice,and they are,because he loved her ankles, she loves them,she also has pretty skin,and her hands could pass as a twenty year olds.

Just wondering thoughts doing dishes,this little ugly squirrel,with the most beautiful tail,again brought me back to a place where i am so very thankful for all the beauty we have,from the changing colors on the trees,to the changing colores of the critters,their coats getting thick and dark,i know i mentioned this before,but how nice we see in color, what if every thing was black and white.

We all want the same things in life to be happy,eat well,and take care of our families,beautiful or not rich or poor,eh?

So, have you witnessed any awinspiring moments as the season comes to a close,our humming birds have left,so that entertainment is gone for a few months.

Carol

Comments (17)