SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malorn

between DH and dog..grrrr....

malorn
17 years ago

I'm the type of person who usually doesn't do anything on impulse.. especially when gardening...before I do anything in the yard, I read, search, investigate, google, ask here..find out all I can about what I want to do..then I decide to do it or not..the process can take a while

I cleared the weeds out of a section of yard, tested and amended the soil, finally decided on a plan of plants and seeds..then started during this stretch of great weather to put it all together in the ground...a lot of work..

The focal point was going to be a flowering tree of some sort..I've asked a few questions here about fruit trees, but that was the last thing to be done, decide on the tree and get it..

Tuesday, DH and I spent a wonderful day strollling through the garden centers all up the Cape..from the tip to the bridge..I saw a few things..but of course, wanted to research before buying..little did I know DH was planning a surprise...he had spotted a tree he fell in love with..and yest. went and purchased it..

YIKES..I have a very small budget for the yard..this blew the budget for the next couple of years..it doesn't flower (one of my requirements) and I'd never heard of it..I hid my initial response from him....I was not happy...furious was more like it..

Next thing I notice, the gate to my newly planted seeds and seedlings was opened a bit..OH no..where is Molly? Molly, our 88lb rottweiller..oh my, the UPS truck had gone by, she needed chase it up and down the fence...fresh soil, seedling, mulch, marble chips flew and are now in spots they are not supposed to be...

I nearly cried...While cooking supper last night, my jaw was clenched, my head pounding, slamming pots and pans on the counter...I was a real witch...

Hubby comes to me, gives me a big hug and as I struggle to break free..he says..Don't know what's wrong with you..but whatever it is..you know it will be all right..

Everything stopped..I thought..."What an ungrateful little B**** I am..I looked out the window..saw the new tree in the sunset...saw it's beauty, the ruined garden patch wasn't so bad..it's early..I can redo it..

Took a deep breath..gave hubby a big hug, thanked him for the tree.. Spent 10 minutes scratching Molly's belly...had a nice eveining..slept great..

Got up this morning, looked at the destroyed garden patch and thought how grateful I am for it all!

It's a beautiful day..I'm going out to enjoy it in my garden!

Comments (7)