SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terrene_gw

Greater Boston area Spring Swap

terrene
16 years ago

Hi all, it's time to "dig in" to the details of our Spring Swap!

Date: June 7, 2008

Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (people are welcome to stay longer)

We will swap plants, seedlings, seeds, gardening items, or anything else garden-related you wish to give away or arrange to swap. It is a wonderful time to meet and share with other gardeners.

There will be refreshments for people to enjoy, including coffee, beverages, and snacks. I have at least 5 or 6 folding chairs so it shouldn't be necessary to bring chairs. I don't really have a coffee table, and would welcome someone bringing a folding table, or I can rig something up.

Newbies who have few plants, you are more than welcome!! You can bring a refreshment or other item(s) instead of plants. Personally I will have much more to give away than to take, and no doubt there are other gardeners in a similar situation.

After the swap, there are some nice places to visit in the area. I live very close to Walden Pond and White Pond in Concord; Verrill's Farm, Mahoney's Nursery, and other farms in Concord; about 5 miles away from Stonegate Nursery and Drumlin Farm in Lincoln; and about 7 miles from Russell's Nursery in Wayland. Garden in the Woods is only another 1-2 miles beyond Russell's.

In case of heavy rain, there will be a rain date. What do people think of Sunday June 8th?

Hoping for lovely weather, lots of blooms in the garden, and looking forward to seeing people here on the 7th! :)

Comments (128)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Terrene,
    I'd be happy to give up the gray dogwood that you put aside for me if you'd like to trade it with dawiff.

• khabibul35
    15 years ago

I'd love to come... but all I think I'll have this year are the raspberries that keep growing into my tomato bed. I think I can dig them up carefully enough to bring them in pots.

Anyone want raspberries?

Sorry for being such a newbie!

• Related Discussions

HAVE: info for boston area spring plant swap

Q

Comments (62)
    POSTING HERE AND WILL E-MAIL ALL THAT I SENT DIRECTIONS TO ABOUT THE DATE CHANGE FOR THE SWAP NEW DATE IS: SUNDAY JUNE, 4, 2006 TIME AND LOCATION ALL IS THE SAME. Now, I've finished potting up all the seedlings, hundreds of them from WS, here is the list. rose campion lychnis angel's blush assorted dward snapdragons assorted cosmos california poppy purple gleam and white annual poppies perennial poppies morning glory 4 0'clocks assorted bachelor buttons mixed toadflax lobelia crystal palace lobelia trailing saphire lupins, blue and cherry red gazania mixed colors baslam impatiens nasturtium jewel mix sweet alyssum tall alyssum nicotiana alata probably some I missed righting down Also have 2 large sedum, unknown variety that look really beautiful to start then they flop over and the center is bare. will dig out if anyone wants them. a very small hosta I have to dig out. plenty of lily of the valley I can dig out. spreading into my flower bed I believe they are bright purple siberian iris, again spreading into my flower bed. Not sure it's the right time to dig them out, but they have been here for 26 years, planted by the prior owners. Can dig them out if anyone wants some. especially the ones in the flower bed. forsythia branches, all you want that I can cut fresh. 3 potted up pussywillow bushes that may or may not root. A friend just left with me the following and she will be here at the swap. fresh dug up chives, oregano black eyed susan bleeding heart vinca minor And a neighbor will be coming with vegetable seedlings. REMEBER THE SWAP IS NOW SUNDAY, JUNE 4TH. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Fran
    ...See More

HAVE: Additional Info on Boston Area Plant Swap

Q

Comments (4)
    I have gotten several e-mail for directions and info from a few to bring goodies. Please post anything that you are bringing here on this post so that everyone can see what you are bringing. MAYALENA has offered to bring coffee. Depending on how many actually come, we may need more than 1 of those box coffee from dunkin donuts. lISARD is baking something and bringing plates and plastic utensils. thanks for bringing these things. Fran
    ...See More

have: billerica/boston area spring swap info details

Q

Comments (66)
    Hi Fran and all: I just remembered this swap is happening and really wanted to come, but since I remembered at 11 p.m. tonight, I think I am too late. (I went on a field trip with my students for a week, and boy did I nap this afternoon after I got home from the airport!Meant to contact you for directions and I actually just woke up! Wow, can teenagers keep you running!) If for some reason any of you are late-nighters like me, I would love to attend. If not, have a wonderful swap and I will have to catch you all next year! I'm sure I will be talking to you all on the forum for all the advice I need with this new yard! Thanks Kathy
    ...See More

Greater Boston area Spring swap - Part 2

Q

Comments (112)
    Hi all! Posting a bit late, but it's been a busy day! I'm exhausted from working all afternoon and evening, mowing, sweeping, raking, digging a last few plants...also lugging all these plants over to the side yard. I worked until it was too dark to see, and at this point, not much more is going to get done and the gardens are what they are. The weather looks like it will be partly cloudy, humid, and hot tomorrow. If the sun doesn't come out in the AM, the temperature may stay moderate, which would be good. At least they're not predicting rain for the morning! Ejr, I hope you can make it tomorrow. It would be great to see you! One of the reasons the swap thread is started a month or so before is to give people a chance to pre-arrange swaps and organize their plants. I potted a lot of stuff, over time and did it while dividing or planting out anyway. No way I could have done it all just a few days beforehand. And I hope that no one feels uncomfortable or intimidated about what is essentially a bunch of plants...and I'm telling myself that too, because hosting the swap is a little intimidating!! Well at least there are a lot of blooms in the garden this time of year, although they're a bit water-logged at the moment. The Miss Kim Lilac is in full bloom and smells heavenly, but is drooping from the weight of the water. Here's what she looked like 3 days ago, before the rain: And today:
    ...See More
  • terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey whitegarden - are you volunteering to host the swap next Spring?? ;)

Ishare, no problem on the Lemon balm and Aster cordifolius, they are both good reseeders. Also, you and dawiff can both have Gray Dogwoods.

Dawiff, I would love to have a Ceanothus seedling - it is actually on my list of "Things to Winter sow 2009" (yes there really is a list). I will send you an email.

Khabibul - it would be great to see you! Don't be sorry for being a newbie - the gardens have to start somewhere. I am in the opposite postion of having WAY more to give away than take and am hesitant to take much. I have been transplanting and planting and potting like a maniac this Spring and still have a little pot ghetto and a hundred something winter sowing containers to plant out.

I am getting some of the requested swap plants in pots thank goodness! Also potted a little 3 pack of Dill and Gaillardia aristata, they are extras from winter-sowing, if anybody wants them.

• PRO
    Nancy Vargas Registered Architect
    15 years ago

terrene, I think I am, but can't commit until I see what the 2009 wedding season looks like next year. I also have never been to a swap and am looking forward to seeing what it is like on June 7.

• terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

J/K WG, sort of. It would be great if you do want to host, but that's a year away. In any case I am looking forward to seeing other people's gardens at future swaps. It is fun to get plants, but also fun to see gardens, and be around a bunch of people who love gardening.

Does anybody want a houseplant? I've got a couple types that I could pot - a Pothos and some variegated Spider plants babies that are rooted in water. The spider plant was given to my son by his teacher in 4th grade (almost 5 years ago), as a baby just like these. You should see this momma now!

• lise_b
    15 years ago

Hey, anybody heard from ego42 this year? I remember last fall he was layering hydrangeas but couldn't make it to the swap...

• Marie Tulin
    15 years ago

Not personally, but he was following the Connecticut swap thread. He can always be reached through the shrub forum.

• Marie Tulin
    15 years ago

he just posted about woodchuck decimation on this forum

• lise_b
    15 years ago

I'm a little harried these days so I won't be taking reservations for these online... this is just a (partial) list of what I'm bringing so people can google stuff and decide if they can give it a good home or not. The exception: please let me know if you want the yucca, because otherwise I'll just shovel prune it-- it's big!

The (x number) after the name is how many I have.

Kalmia latifolia 'Elf' (x1). A dwarf (to 3'?) mountain laurel, native to New England. Small, slow-growing, a cute 10" right now.

Viburnum carlesii 'Compactum' (x1). Matures to 3-4', slow-growing. V. carlesii is in the "most resistant to viburnum leaf beetle" category according to Cornell. 18" tall now.

Viburnum x burkwoodii 'Mohawk' (x3). 8' or more; in the "moderately resistant" group. 18" tall now.

Yucca filamentosa (x2). Common yucca, all-green leaves, at least 14" in diameter. I don't enjoy it but it sure is healthy, and also evergreen! Maybe someone would like it for those architectural leaves? Think one on either side of a pathway...

Hemerocallis 'Stella de Oro' (x1). A dwarf daylily, lightly scented, 4-5 months of bloom. 18" clump, due for dividing. Take it home and make three!

Penstemon digitalis 'Husker's Red' (x3). From last year's plant swap-- it's grown great in my holding bed and is lush and healthy for someone else to take over. *G*

...as well as random one-offs of perennials and spare seedlings as I come across them. :)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Greening,
    Hello! That's quite a list ya got going there. I had a question about yucca plants,they like hot and dry correct? If so, they have a home in my yard. I just looked them up and it says desert like conditions.I'll take them if noone else shows interest.

• lise_b
    15 years ago

ishareflowers, yup, I'm doing something of a clear-out as I have a brand new layout plan for this year. I'm trying to do less of the one-of-this-one-of-that syndrome and focus a little more on cohesion in my small front garden. We'll see how that goes!

I couldn't give up my singleton Clethra (hey, I can take cuttings and make more!), or my Pulmonaria 'Mrs. Moon', even though she tends to mildew. I got her at my very first Gardenweb plant swap and moved her with me from my previous garden so I'm sort of attached at this point... plus I think the leaves and flowers are nicer than other Pulmonaria I've seen.

And yes, hot and dry should suit the yucca fine, given the usual caveats that they'll need water while they establish. They're growing in mostly-shade right now so I shudder to think how big they'll get in sunlight, but I'm sure it will make them very happy.

Oh, and I forgot to add to the list:

Buddleia 'White Ball' (x1), dwarf butterfly bush, silvery foliage, blooms forever even if you ignore it.

Single (5-petal) bright pink rose, short (x2). Very tough, likes the sun, pretty close to black spot free for the past three years in my no-spray garden.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Green,
    I want drought tolerant plants for across the street from my home. I live on a street ALONE! It's over 200 feet long and I want to plant at least the 70 feet that I see from my picture window. I have purchased several plants but they are awefully pricy this year.

I tried winter sowing this year and yucca was one of the seeds that I planted but nothing yet! I also have butterfly bush seeds out there but nothing on them yet either! I heard they are hard to grow from seed. I plant shopped at Mahoneys a few weeks ago but the plants are small and pricy. I ended up with a couple of daylilies and some sedums for across the street, it was over 50 dollars for 5 plants and they are small!

I saw a few people on here other than you offering daylilies and hoped to score a few small clumps. I think Terrene said she has some for me. I guess I'll have to be patient, this is a huge project.

Is there anything that you are looking for? I did have good luck with some of my seeds.I'd be happy to bring you some. Please let me know if there is something special, I may have two for you.

• PRO
    15 years ago

greening, you know I'll take the buddleia! Anything named 'White Ball'would interest me of course!

I will have hostas, both solid leaved and variegated, white campanula, Alchemilla (I think because I am still filling in areas where the voles went to town two years ago. Does anyone want lamb's ear? And I can bring some white creeping phlox, although I seem to replant that every year so that in spring my garden looks like there has been a very late snowfall!

I am afraid that is it. My garden in still pretty young and I divide and use whatever I can.

And for some reason, my peonies seem a bit "stunted" this year. I suspect the voles might be nipping at the roots even though they supposedly are not fond of peonies.

• terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Greening, quite the nice list of plants! Are you redesigning your garden this year? I'll probably take a few leftovers!

Whitegarden, are you or anybody else interested in the white cultivar Asclepias incarnata 'Ice Ballet'? This reseeded in my garden last year, and so they are 1 year old plants and will probably flower a bit this year. I brought a lot to the Fall swap, but can still spare a few extras.

Does anybody want Tropical milkweed Asclepias curassavica? I have lots of sprouts and could pot a few.

Also, there are some Echinacea purpurea sprouts that have "winter-sowed" themselves out under my bird feeders. Anybody want some seedlings?

Got 4 large divisions of the Helianthus 'Lemon Queen' potted up the other day. Does anybody have extra medium-sized nursery pots (EMPTY), in the 8-12" diameter range? I've used most of mine for swap plants and would be happy if people brought some extras.

• terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Whoa, Ishareflowers, $50 for 5 small plants! Eeeks, here I am composting daylilies (mostly the orange Hemerocallis fulva), there are so many. I will definitely have some for you Ishare, and if you come with pots there will be some you can dig up too!

• PRO
    15 years ago

Sure terrene. I'll take the Asclepias. I use the orange as a cut flower all the time in weddings. The white would be great to have.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Terrene,
    I'll bring as many nursery pots as I can get my hands on for you.I also have the blue ceramic pots that could be used for someone who wanted a new pot and put something you were offering in it for them to take home.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

I just checked my dutchmens pipe cups and low and behold, I have two cups with microscopic sprouts.

Terrene, Are you around this weekend? I have a trunk load of pots and a few cups for you and I'm heading down that way anyway. I was hoping to maybe drop off a few things and lighten my load. Please let me know Lisa

• sharekk
    15 years ago

Hello all,

I'm also new to the forum but would love to swap plants.

things I have to trade include
    3 holly bushes (about 2-3 feet high/wide each)
    several dwarf boxwood bushes
    lots of grape hyacinth
    a few daylily plants (golden)
    a few iris plants (white)
    creeping phlox (dark pink/purple)
    baby lupin plants (dark purple I presume)
    columbine (purple, pink or white)
    I've had trouble digging transplanting the last three at this time of year but I'm happy to dig some up and see if they last.

Let me know if you want any of the above, so I know what's best to bring! Meanwhile I would love some of ishareflowers's oregano and trumped vines, or diggingthedirt's rudbeckia if either is available. Otherwise I'll just show up and see what's there!

• Marie Tulin
    15 years ago

Hi Sharekk,
    Welcome, and we're looking forward to meeting you. I would love hollies- I have a big hillside I'm filling up. Glad to have grape hyacinths, too. What kind of environment are you gardening in? Let me know, and I'll see what I might have that will interest you.
    Everyone:
    I am adding Sedum Autumn Joy
    to repeat some earlier offers,
    European Ginger
    groundcover geranium maccrorizum 'spessart'
    groundcover geranium with magenta flowers
    doronicum sp
    thalictrum seedlings
    hosta- blue, small perhaps 'blue cadet'
    groundcover lamium 'hermann's pride'
    boltonia 'white bomb'
    aster 'alma polchke'
    monarda 'raspberry wine'
    daylily 'hyperion'

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Sharekk,
    No problem on the oregano and trumpet vine. I'm interested in your white iris, grape hyacinth if theres extras and golden daylily. I also have peppermint, mint,chocolate mint and chives. I'm bringing two milk crates full of winter sown plants, there are far too many to list.

• terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ishare, sorry I didn't see your post about stopping by until just now! It was a pretty busy weekend. My Dutchman's Pipevine just sprouted a few days ago. Looks like there will be at least 4 healthy sprouts. Yeah!

Hi Sharekk, it will be good to see you at the swap! I will take some baby Lupine seedlings.

Idabean, I would love some Monarda Raspberry Wine. What is the Boltonia White Bomb like? I would probably like some of that too.

• PRO
    15 years ago

Ida, I would love some Monarda and some Lupine seedlings if there are any left. Also sharekk, I'll take some grape hyacinth. I am going to have to get busy digging up enough plants to swap. I hope I'll have enough!

• jaydeeinma
    15 years ago

Good Morning!
    I am a newbie to gardening and would like to stick to perennials for now, would appriciate any perennials! Esp those that like acidic soil, lots of oak and birch trees in our lot. I just cleared about 90% of the day lillies on our front rock wall and plan on planting them in the back wooded area. If anyone wants me to bring them along pls let me know, but newbies (like myself) bewarned; these multiply like rabbits! If anyone has some fast growning bushes/tree saplings, evergreens etc for screens they would be willing to part with I would really appriciate it! Also looking for a ground cover I can use in front of the rock wall (there is more of a soil area to the left of the picture sorry..)

Can't wait to see you there!
    JD.

Here is a link that might be useful: front rock walll w/day lillies

• sharekk
    15 years ago

ok, my list so far is
    idabean - holly + grape hyacynth
    ishareflowers - white iris + grape hyacinth + daylillies
    terrene - lupine seedlings
    whitegarden - grape hyacinth

That's probably about it as far as the grape hyacinth goes unless I start giving one plant apiece :-)

Oh, and I forgot to mention herbs. I have several extra walking onion and lemon balm plants, and I can do rosemary cuttings if anyone is interested.

ishare - I'd love to have some of the 'plain' and chocolate mint - the latter sounds fantastic!

terrene - I'm not sure if you got my email but if you get a chance can you send your address my way?

thanks!

• mcube
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I am a relative newbie like few other in this thread and would love to partake in the swap. Unfortunately, I wont have a whole lot to bring. I can pot up some iris germanica, few varieties of hostas, stella d'oro daylilies, threadleaf coreopsis and some rudbeckia. Next year, I will have some helianthus multiflorus, some echinacea and few more perennials.

Terrene, your helianthus 'Lemon Queen' looks gorgeous. I would love to get that along with ur red bee balms. Should I email you to get the address?

I live in the metrowest area and if there is another person from this area going to the swap and are interested in carpooling to the swap, pls ping me.

• terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sharekk and Mcube, it would be great to see you! Maybe by this weekend, we'll do a role-call to see who's coming and who's going to bring refreshments, etc. I will email people at that time with address, directions, etc when they confirm that they'll be coming.

I would love it if the newbies who don't have a lot of plants to bring would bring coffee, snacks, etc. and then I won't have to worry about it!

Mcube, sure you can have some Lemon queen and Monarda. I'd love some Threadleaf Coreopsis.

I've got 4 good-sized divisions (a little stressed though) of the Helianthus 'Lemon Queen' potted up for the following people - Idabean, Ishare, Linda, and Mcube. If I missed anyone let me know! These babies are growing like weeds and are almost 2 feet tall already, but I can still hack off a division.

Btw, I have a TON of Vinca minor that can be dug up by anyone who wants some...disclaimer though, the stuff is very agressive and should be planted only where it can be controlled - also nothing else grows well in the Vinca.

• jaydeeinma
    15 years ago

Will definitely bring snacks, coffee, etc please email me: jdinma0407@yahoo.com with all the details, think the em in my profile is out of date.

Terrene; I live in Berlin. If that is anywhere close to you and you would like to carpool pls email me as well.

Would love some Vinca minor for the front rock wall please! Also saw a post for rosemary? Mine was indoors this winter and still managed to get infested with white flies so would love some more. I also have a container of wild strawberries if anyone is interested?

• terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jaydee that would be great for you to bring some refreshments. The swap is at my house, so I don't need a carpool, but Mcube is looking for a carpool. I will be sending out emails next week after a role call.

I was thinking of the Vinca when I saw your rock wall! You're welcome to dig up as much as you want. I am getting rid of lots of it. Vinca is a great ground cover for a hard to grow, contained area. It's the only thing that is growing well under my remaining Norway maple! However, it is not a good neighbor - it wants to take over and robs water and nutrients from adjacent plants. It can easily be controlled by mowing the edges.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Oh,
    I forgot about vinca, I have that too if anyone else wants some.

• Marie Tulin
    15 years ago

I think we should start a new thread labeled "Latest or Newest" Boston area swap....(or something like it) and ask people to post their updated lists of "haves" "wants" and "will brings" Shouldn't copy, cut and paste work work to save typing lists again to the new thread?
    Terrene, are you emailing your address and contact info. privately to all who think they are coming?

If you all are ok with this, some one write a final post here that request everyone direct their messages to the new thread.

• mcube
    15 years ago

Terenne, I can bring some coffee and donuts that day. I will gladly pot up threadleaf coreopsis for you.

I was scanning through this thread again and am interested in obtaining the following if they are still available:

white campanula & iris immortility from whitegarden
    Scabiosa , Persicaria & Husker's Red from mayalena

- m^3

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

mcube,
    I would love some threadleaf coreopsis if you have enough for one more.I'll be bringing lots of ws babies,pots and some wind chimes to trade.

• mcube
    15 years ago

ishare - sure. I shd be able to get one more threadleaf.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

I made a list of who wants what...please let me know if I left anyone out!

Terrene, dutchmens pipe,pink and purple trumpet vine,oregano and plant markers.

Ida,canna,nicotina and elephant ears

stolon, bloody dock,blue shrimp,sea holly, bouncing bet,dutchmens pipe

white, a couple blue and green pots

diggin, a couple of blue pots

Sharekk, oregano,chocolate mint, mint and trumpet vine

I would like to add to my list huskers red penstemon, magenta geranium and lambs ears if there still available.

• jaydeeinma
    15 years ago

Hi,

Sorry got confused on the carpool, yes mcube email me at jdinma0407@yahoo.com if you are anywhere in the 495/62 northbound to Concord vicinity I'll be more than happy to carpool with another newbie! Sign me up for snacks, etc and the Vinca!!!! There are so many posts to go through I'm a bit overwhelmed. BUT I did just spot my honesty/silver dollar seeds have sprouted just in time for the swap! Horray I can grow something from seeds! LOL...also have lilly of the valley, day lillies (orange), and possibly some wild strawberries?

Thx,
    JD.

• terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Idabean, as I explained above, I'd like to do a role call this weekend where people can confirm that they're coming. I will email people who respond at that time with directions, etc. as I don't have time right now to monitor a lot of emails.

This thread is getting long and a little confusing so it seems logical to start a new thread at that time. Your idea about people posting their "haves" "wants" and confirmed swaps with others as has been determined up to this point is a great idea.

Does that sound like a good plan? So everybody keep a watch out for a new thread this weekend!

Oh does anybody want some Lily of the Valley? There is a huge patch of it on the border on the neighbor's side (creeping over to my side) and she has said people can dig up as much as they want. If so, bring your shovel and dig away! It is blooming right now and smells heavenly! (LOV can be aggressive if it's happy.)

{{gwi:245842}}

• Marie Tulin
    15 years ago

terrene, sorry that I forgot you already suggested that.
    m

• paigect
    15 years ago

Hi all! Turns out I'm coming, so I thought I would post my list, I will repost it when terrene starts a new thread.

Things I can bring (quantities noted in paranthesis):
    Geranium 'Rozanne' (1)
    Lavender creeping phlox (1)
    Creeping thyme (4)
    hens & chicks (4)
    various hostas (4)
    weedy ferns (4)
    Lily of the valley (2)
    Sedum 'Neon' (2)
    Golden creeping jenny (warning, spreads like mad, but great for pots) (2)

There may be one or two more things, but that's all I know for sure that I have. Most of my divisions will be small - - I alread did the CT swap and my bigger stuff went there.

DTD, has anyone claimed your peony bowl of beauty? If not, I would give it a very good home. Peonies are my favorite, and I don't have that variety yet. I would also love some of your blue siberian iris if there is any left.

If anyone has purple siberian iris, I would love that as well, or a clump of white if any is left.

I guess, in short, I would love a clump of any color S. Iris!

Also, Terrene, if there is any white, fragrant nicotiana left, that is the one annual I try to plant every year, and I haven't seen it anywhere this year yet. But only if there is enough.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

• sharekk
    15 years ago

hey paigect - I'd love some of the hens and chicks as well as lavender phlox. Let me know if I have anything you'd like as well.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Paige,
    I have white nicotina seedlings,i'll bring some for you. I would love some hens and chicks.

• paigect
    15 years ago

sharekkk, if your white iris is Siberian I would love a clump. I also wouldn't mind a clump of your creeping phlox - - all I have is the lavender. Thanks!

ishare, thanks for the nicotiana!

• sharekk
    15 years ago

paigect - I don't know what type the iris are as I got them off craiglist. I don't think they're siberean judging by images searches though. I'll definitely pack up some of the phlox for you.
    note to ishareflowers (well and anyone else who wants iris), my iris bloomed in spades this week but it came out yellow! So maybe the few paltry blooms I got last year were horribly washed out? I'll still bring some in case you want them but I wanted to give you a heads up

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    15 years ago

hey paigect, I would be interested in the Geranium 'Rozanne if still available.

I have some purple siberian iris for you as well!

Linda

• diggingthedirt
    15 years ago

paigect, I'll put your name on the peony.
    I will bring some clumps of Sib iris, but I should admit that I'm not positive which is white and which is blue. I have mostly blue, but there are a few whites out there too ...

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    15 years ago

Anyoen interested in either Rudbeckia triloba or a red-purple spiderwort? (warning on the spiderwort - it can be invasive but I like the color and dig out what I don't want).

The triloba is airy and about 4' tall - I believe native as well.

I have bunches of both!

Linda

• mcube
    15 years ago

Hey Linda, I would love to get one rudbeckia triloba and spiderwort.
    Thanks!!!
    m^3.

• terrene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Linda, I will take some Rudbeckia triloba too. I got some seeds in a trade and winter-sowed them, but they haven't sprouted yet and I think they're a dud.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda,
    If theres any left, I'd love some spiderwort. Thanks Lisa

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    15 years ago

terrene, you probably got the seeds from me! And yes, you are very welcome to that as well.

ditto mcube and ishareflowers, for the triloba and the spiderwort. There is definately some left of both!

I will bring extras, too!
    Linda