Identification help?

TracyNa

Wondering if anyone can help identify this? I'm assuming it's a climbing or trailing cactus? It was growing in soil at my son's South Florida home. The biggest part of the plant (at the bottom) was what I brought home and I am amazed at all the new growth. The thin white protrusions were sticky for awhile. I don't know if it wants to climb or trail but I haven't much choice but to try to train it to a trellis.(PS, there's an aloe in there too!)

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

It looks like an Epiphyllum, aka epi or orchid cactus. These are most often grown as a hanging plant.

And not exactly a native plant......unless you live in Central America :-)) There is a plant identification forum if you have more plants you wish to ID.

Here is a link that might be useful: Epiphyllum or epi hybrids.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TracyNa

Thankyou so much!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Organizing Help for Whittling Down the Photo Pile
Consider these 6 points your personal pare-down assistant, making organizing your photo collection easier
Full Story
Home Tech All Is Not Lost: New Gadgets Help You Find Your Stuff
If you lose it when you lose things around the house (and who doesn't?), one of these wireless finders may be to your gain
Full Story
Gardening Guides 6 Steps to Creating Your Butterfly Garden
Encourage these fanciful winged beauties to visit your garden while helping restore their fragmented habitat
Full Story
We have earned an unrivaled reputation for crafting the finest glasshouses and greenhouses money can buy through... Read More
Patty creates unique, enjoyable, and livable interiors. Regardless of project budget, she is known for... Read More