SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idabean2

checking in

Marie Tulin
10 years ago

I haven't posted in a long time, and just want to say "hi" with best wishes and high hopes for a long and lovely gardening season.
We still have a foot of retreating snow in Lexington. I really want to tromp out the path, dig in the snow and find the hellebores and check the witch hazel for flowers

However, no tromping yet. I had a left knee replacement a month ago. I am so looking forward to being able to garden without pain, take walks with my family and get real exercise.

Last fall I ordered bulbs quite late. Last fall, for the first time in my life, I didn't plant the bulbs I ordered. I still can't bear to throw them away. I know they are useless.
But work got crazier as the days got shorter and colder and before i knew it, the ground was covered with snow. In my younger days, I would have been digging in the snow and laughing about it. But just couldn't make myself go out in the cold and dark and plant bulbs.

Looking forward to reading about people's gardens in the coming months.Maybe we'll see one another at a swap!

PS, one good thing about the ridiculous distances I am driving for work is that Avant Gardens is in Darthmouth, between two nursing homes I visit. I've got to figure out how to squeeze in really long lunch hour or two to enjoy some time there.

Cheers!
Marie/Idabean

Comments (12)