SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimka_gw

Fern walk destroyed. Lawyers out there?

kimka
13 years ago

Yesterday my next door neighbors had a bunch of trees taken down, including one huge old beauty, from between my house and their's. The tree removers decided it was easier to remove the trees by using my property too. In the proccess. they ground all of the plants to absolute dust in about 30-40 feet of my fern walk which ran along the boundery (but starting a good 5 feet in from the property line, so no missing it was off their property). They even moved my soaker hose from the bed so they wouldn't trip over it while they were walking through crushing plants.) They also broke off and splintered a 35- foot beech on my property. There is a bunch of sawdust and branch and leave debris all over my place now.

There is nothing left but dust after 5 years of hard work creating this fern walk. I spent last night alternately crying and plotting revenge.

My neighbors said, "well it was important that we remove that tree before it fell on our house." They claim it was dead and had no leaves, so the big hole in the csnopy that just appeared is a mystery to me. (The real reason they wanted to remove the trees is so they can expand their parking pad. Room for four cars is not enough for them. Hmmm, wonder if they've gotten a permit for the black topping?)

The fact that my garden is not their property was irrelevant to their desire to have the trees removed because they are of course THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE.

My question is (besides needing a place to rant) can I bring suit against my next door neighbors for the damages (taking down and replacing that beech that was splintered is not going to be cheap). Or can I only go after the tree company?

We must have a Maryland lawyer in our MAG community somewhere who knows.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH