SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
specialmn1

OMG, bursting with glee, look what I got today!

Mary4b
15 years ago

They've been selling large hosta pots by Monrovia for 39.99...sum and substance with like 3 eyes in large shrub pots...probably 3-4 gallon pots. I've kind of felt like they were taking advantage of people by charging that much.

Well, today I reluctantly spent this beautiful day helping my sister drive out to her storage rental unit to look through her stuff for summer clothes.

But was I ever rewarded when I visited a nearby nursery. I found those same sized Monrovia pots for 12.98 filled with numerous eyes of.....drum roll....Eola Sapphire!

Here are my 4 big blue beauties...just count those eyes! I could hardly contain myself. How big across do you think the larger 13 eyed ones will be? I may need to move some stuff. And what do you think? Was it a find? I have heard that they grow fast...but still, I rarely see that many eyes in a pot for such a good price.

Here they are:

{{gwi:1010195}}

{{gwi:1010196}}

{{gwi:1010197}}

{{gwi:1010198}}

{{gwi:1010199}}

I would appreciate any suggestions that you have on placement...I believe I read that I'll get better/longer blue if I keep it out of the direct sun?

Here is a link that might be useful: eola sapphire

Comments (4)