SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

omg omg!...i did it!!

lindac
15 years ago

I actually went to a Pampered Chef party!

I am sure that those of you who have been around a while know how useless I think their products are.....no offense to those of you who are "consultants" because if it had been around when I was a young mom I very likely would have been doing parties and selling the stuff...

But....anyhow the consultant showed her products by making an hors d'ouvre....she passed out the "recipe" so we would know how to do it when we got home.

She brought a stoneware bar pan in which she had baked a crust consisting of refrigerated biscuits, patted out into a crust and baked.

Then she opened an 8 oz package of cream cheese and put it in the 4 cup measurer and added 1/2 a teaspoon of the "special dill mix" and 1/4 cup of sour cream, measured with the special adjustable measuring spoon and mixed it up using the special whisk, and added a clove of crushed garlic using the PC garlic press, which I didn't have the hand strength to work....the OXO we have works a lot better

Then she opened a can of supermarket white meat chicken with the special can opener....which actually is good.l...but not $18 good! and drained in in the special strainer, mashing it down with the "Mix 'n Chop".

She spread the cream cheese on the 9 by 13 crust, topped it with the drained chicken (no seasoning on the chicken, no mixing it with something) added 1/4 cup of "bacon bits"

2 roma tomatoes, seeded with some special tomato seeder thing, diced and 1/2 a cucumber, with the seeds removed with the apple corer and sliced on the mandoline and about 2 oz of mild chedder cheese grated with the crank turned grater thing which looks very like a zyliss I had.

Naughty me mentioned that the cuisinart would do a good job at all that...but she said and then you would have to wash it!

I didn't mention that I would have to only wash the Cuisinart and whatever blades I had used, while she had the shredder the mandoline the small whisk, the measuring cup and several knives...

It was the most tasteless concoction I could imagine...needed salt....needed more garlic, needed some flavor in the crust and certainly something mixed in with the chicken.

Supposedly this was to be a fund raiser for the church kitchen...and people could buy or donate credits to things they thought the kitchen needs.

I guess the thought is lovely....but what we need now is a large Non "non-stick" fry pan with a lid.l...and a new commercial refrigerator....and perhaps some knives that I don't hide for my use alone! LOL!

Anyhow, this has reinforced my contention that Pampered Chef is more about providing a career for Mommies and selling doo dads to people who do more thinking about cooking than actual cooking.

So I left....went and bought the ham and turkey and fruits and veggies for a funeral lunch for 100 I will be cooking for tomorrow.

I know there will be some stuff coming to the kitchen from this party, but I sure hope it's stuff we can use like a couple of good knives and not a $17.50 can opener that will disappear in a month, or an assortment of nylon tools which I think are way over priced.

Sorry, those that love the stuff, but for a church kitchen, I think it's a huge bit of over kill.

But...I went and bought something! LOL!

Linda C

Comments (55)