SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

Planted Dr Ruppel yesterday and today OMG HELP!

I planted just yesterday. I was so pleased with the location I chose until today that is. I worked my butt off, dug a big hole, hurt my back in the process. Put up the trellis and everything.

And today, well since last night it's been pouring down rain. And guess what, beautiful Dr Ruppel is sitting in a puddle of water. It still raining too, 5 hours later. I don't know what to do. Something always and I mean always happens in an area I choose to plant.

Could this just be due to the fact that I just dug there recently?

I've never paid much attention if water puddled there or not. I always think I do everything by the book and something always comes back to bite me. It looked so good yesterday in its place, but now it's just a muddy mess.

What should I do? We don't have much money, spent $18 on the plant, money on soil, the trellis and now it just feels that it was money wasted. Things like this get to me so badly. I won't be able to sleep on the count of it. I'll stress for days if not weeks. I thought on it for days, researched, asked questions, etc and now this happens.

I can't win for losing

Should I dig it up or what?

What are my options besides digging some kind of trench and leading it elsewhere?

Again, could this just be a muddy mess right now because I just dug a huge hole for it yesterday and we get a down pour today?

I've already been out there in the rain sweeping water away from it I'm really in tears right now.

Comments (3)