SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy_fl_gardener

More pics I took in my yard today (Christine)

While I was walking around my yard to take citrus pictures for Willy, I decided to take a few more. My garden was getting much too much shade lately with 8 medium sized oaks getting bigger each year. I asked my husband to remove some this weekend. Unfortunately, one was a little taller than we had hoped and when it fell it hit the corner of my garden. It flattened the fence, but the irrigation risers were spared. (Yeah!) Some of the Swiss chard got crushed, but it'll grow back, especially now that the plants will get more sun.

Here are a few pics of veggies in my garden: red potatoes and a row of raab, early mizuna. I hadn't grown this raab before and I realize that I planted too much of it. It grows like a weed! Great in salads.

Here is a row of red Russian kale. This is my first time growing this kale. I will plant them closer next time.

I tried a new variety of collards, Vates. They have a smaller leaf than the Georgia collards. From the picture you can see that I still have too much shade.

Last year, a new variety of poinsettia was released that really caught my eye, Ice Punch. After the color was gone, I repotted it to a larger pot, left it under the irrigation and mostly just forgot about it. Well, when it colored up this year I noticed it again.

Many of you ask for photos, so I hope that I have made you happy.

Christine

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting