SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brokenbar

Special dried tomato & chicken pasta

brokenbar
16 years ago

While not a canning recipe, this is a terrific recipe for end of the year peppers and tomatoes. This is my very own recipe and one of my family's favorites. The intensity of the sun dried tomatoes really adds pizazz! This is also a gorgeous dish to present what with all the colors of the peppers and tomatoes.

Sun Dried Tomato & Chicken Pasta

2 large boneless chicken breasts diced to 1" pieces

4 tablespoons olive oil

1 cup diced red, green and yellow bell peppers (You may use all green if that is all thatÂs available.)

½ cup finely diced sun-dried tomatoes in oil (You can substitute 1 cup of fresh tomatoes if necessary but the flavor wonÂt be quite as intense.)

1/4 cup sun dried tomato oil (can substitute plain olive oil.)

Crushed Red Chili pepper to taste ( My family prefers it mildly spicy.)

1 cup of chicken broth

1 package Ziti, Rigatoni, Mostaccioli or really any pasta you prefer.

Saute diced chicken in olive oil. Add chicken broth. Simmer until broth is reduced by half. Add bell peppers and simmer 5 minutes (Peppers should be slightly cooked but not mushy)

Add sun dried tomatoes, tomato oil and crushed chiliÂs. Simmer 5 minutes. *If using fresh tomatoes, simmer an extra 5 minutes to reduce extra liquid.

Serve over pasta al dente. I also drizzle the sun dried tomato oil over Italian bread and run it under the broiler for 3-5 minutes. This recipe serves 4 if served with salad and bread. It is easily doubled or tripled with no loss in flavor.

Comments (18)