SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookiesdoc

need some advice

cookiesdoc
18 years ago

I just love this forum. I love the pictures and everyone is so helpful.

I need some advice. I planted a hummingbird/butterfly garden next to my sunroom last year, but yesterday I moved some of the butterfly plants to some outer beds so I could enjoy the hummingbirds close up. I have a feeder as well and have three birds (I think two juveniles and a female, but I am not sure!). So, now I have room for 4 more plants! Yippee!! What would you put in? I had three lobelia cardinalis that they loved last year, but the rabbits decimated them and they are now gone. Would you get more and keep them in pots? I think that would look strange in the garden. I have six Black and Blue salvia that they love, some columbine, a dwarf monarda that they never go to, cardinal vine, some penstemon (again, I never see them go there), digitalis, two coreopsis, coneflowers, lavender, and some rudbeckia. I was thinking of pineapple sage, the Jacob Cline monarda, and another salvia. Would you get one of each? I know people say to group things in odd numbers, but it is not a large area. Thanks in advance for the advice!

PS - I could be talked into moving the penstemons, coreopsis, and digitalis as well!

Comments (4)