SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scerrir

I give up. Need some advice on what to install for our kitchen floor!!

scerrir
last year

Hi!! We are finally re-doing our kitchen. My husband bought kitchen cabinets through an auction. They are bright white (there is a picture of the pantry in the kitchen area already because we had no where to store it lol). Our counter tops will be a white quartz that has grayish veining in it.
So initially we wanted to extend the hardwood we have in our living room which adjoins the kitchen. But because we installed it so long ago, they don't sell it anymore. I have spent a month trying to match something to it, but I have given up. I found something that sort of matches, but the new wire brushed matte feel of hardwoods now is pretty rough in comparison to what we have, and it just felt weird stepping from one room to another. It feels like sandpaper...I didn't like it. There were a few others but when I'd buy a box, the coloring wasn't matching well. Ugh.
So now I'm on the tile wagon I guess. We don't really want to install tile, because it'll be cold but at this point I don't think we have a choice.
I really love Saltillo tiles in a hexagon shape. But the ones we have in my area aren't a consistent color...they have a pretty high variation and I feel like it doesn't look as good that way. It is also so expensive. But I love the earthy look of them. I have attached two photos: one of them with square Saltillo tiles to show you the colour variation, the other one is the her that id love to get because its consistent in colour but I can't find anything similar.
So questions!!!!
1. Should we stick to a hardwood and just not be concerned about matching, even though the rooms are right next to eachother and they will butt up against one another?
2. Should we do a Saltillo tile?
3. What other tiles would look good in here???? I don't like gray at all.
Thanks sooo much for any help you can provide!!

Comments (5)