SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annafl_gw

Zucchini and cucumbers?

14 years ago

I would like to be able to grow zucchini since it is about the only squash my family can agree on. It sounds like now is an acceptable time to try? In the past, I've only had brief attempts at growing anything in the pumpkin or squash family, but it was quickly stymied by vine borers. Is this a pest that can be easily controlled this time of year? What about beetles? Is this a common pest? I really don't want to grow anything that I will need to struggle with spraying pests. I am willing to do Bt. The same thing having to do with cucumbers. What are the most common notorious pests and how are they controlled? Is this a good time to plant?

Next question! What is the absolutely best zucchinis and cucumbers you can recommend? I am open to other squashes too if they are disease resistant or have delicious attributes. I am going to place a seed order soon, but needed to get your advice on zucchinis, cucumbers, or other squashes. Any planting or culture tips are very appreciated, as are any anecdotal squash or cucumbr growing opinions. Thanks, everyone!

Anna

Comments (11)