SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
metal_rabbit

mister landscaper for tomatoes? using emitters from other manuft

metal_rabbit
14 years ago

They sell Mister Landscaper irrigation locally at Lowes, and I'd like to try it on a small area of tomatoes with nearby a couple of knock roses and a couple of starter banana trees. I'd like to get more info on how to do this area on one timer. Do I use microsprayers for all these plants including tomatoes? (microsprayers for tomatoes?!) Also - Mr. Landscaper has no shut off valves for 1/2 tubing, and I wonder if there's a good way to work around that. How does using emitters from other manufacturers including 1/2 tubing shut off valves work out with this system. I have sun to partial sun/shade (changes in seasons), so I that's why I'm asking questions about shut off valves and using emitters from other manufacturers. Can I set this system up from a hose until I know whether this small trial system will work O.K.?

I've mainly used soaker hoses for vegetables in the past, but this area slopes in vertical and horizontal directions and also, it isn't planted for soaker hose layout, and I and am looking into another type of irrigation.

Thanks.

Sheila

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting