SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pixie_lou

Excalibur. . .What's the Attractions?

pixie_lou
13 years ago

OK - I'll admit it - start throwing the flaming darts - I am so NOT impressed with my Excalibur Dehydrator.

1) The thing is huge. Does not fit on my kitchen counter.

2) That front piece/door thingy. Totally flimsy piece of crap. Why can't you just lift it up and check on things - no you have to remove it. And then find a place to put it - since it won't sit neatly on top.

3) The fan. Yeah - I get that the fan helps with heat distribution. But when I've attempted to dry my herbs, they all get blown to the front of the dehydrator sheet in a pile, which leads to uneven drying. Plus I end up with piles of herbs on the floor of the dehydrator. Forget trying to dry anything else when you have herbs going. I wouldn't mind having the tomatoes dry in an basil scent. But I don't want dried pieces of basil stuck all over my tomatoes.

4) After drying tomatoes for 3 days - as in 72 hours - they still weren't dry enough to make the tomato powder that people have been talking about on this forum.

Granted I haven't tried to use this thing a lot - since you can see I'm not impressed. But so far, my Ronco AsSeenOnTV dehydrator has been just as efficient. As far as I'm concerned, this thing has been a waste of money.

Comments (3)