SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_ussher

Garden Therapy

SaintPFLA
16 years ago

I have been working waaay to much lately and have been stressed out beyond belief and far behind on everything that is not tied to my job.

After surveying my over-grown, weed infested yard, I decided to spend an hour weeding.

An hour turned into 4 hours (and no sunblock...eek) and I made a lot of progress!

I still have more to do, but was able to reset some of my cement edgers, went thru 3 bags of mulch, potted some plants, moved several around (including two rose bushes) who were being over-run with grass and hidden by my Ruellia. I weeded and weeded and weeded and weeded....I think I tossed 7 trash cans of weeds away. It's all that stupid grass with the runners that I can't seem to permanently kill.

I also took cuttings of porter-weed and got them started in rooting powder along with some Morning Glory vine -- see if they take root. I refilled the bird feeders for the birds too.

I got a lot of sun and spent the entire day outdoors and finished off with a glass of Pinot Noir in the chaise while my steak cooked on the grill. I tried to ignore the rest of the nagging weeds still in the garden (until next weekend...).

Now, I feel ready to take on Monday and the work stress for another week. Tomorrow is going to be a bear of a day, but I do feel re-energized!

Comments (4)