SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie8592_gw

ID this snake please?

debbie8592
15 years ago

Hi guys -- you probably won't remember me but I used to lurk passionately and occasionally post. That would have been before we adopted a beautiful baby boy. Since then, unfortunately, the garden has taken a backseat to other activities. CJ is 14 months old now, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, and turning into a little pistol who loves butterflies and pretty flowers, so maybe there's hope for the garden yet.

We found a snake in the family room tonight, who bore too-strong similarities (well, to my eyes anyway) to a diamondback. He went behind the entertainment center where it was just about impossible to get to him. It's funny -- in the past I could have let him hang out there. I would have been nervous, but I could have done it. In fact, my husband voted for it. But no way.

So now we've, um, disposed of the snake and my husband put him down the storm drain, which is unfortunate because I could use more pictures. Most of them came out pretty blurred. After some research, I am wondering about the Florida banded watersnake or a juvenile racer. I don't think diamondback because of the extra color, am I right? I hope the picture is sufficient and I'll be terribly sorry if (when) he turns out to be harmless.

Thanks all!

{{gwi:952933}}

Not a snake:

{{gwi:952934}}

Comments (8)