SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenbean08_gw

You made me look up the REAL name...

greenbean08_gw
15 years ago

All this talk of food mills and other processing devices, I had to look up the actual name for what I have always referred to as an "applesause smusher" (that's what I had always seen it used for...)

So, after much searching (it's hard to find that by description btw), I discovered I have a chinois. Sounds so special...

My mother called it something else a couple years ago when my sister was trying to find it at mom's house (the phone call was to inquire as to whether or not it was in my possession...it came from my great-aunt's house when she died I believe, I've had it for probably 15 years, so sis was a little late in looking for it...). I think she called it a food mill- that's why I was confused, or maybe that's what I thought it was called, I don't know.

Can I still call it the applesause smusher??

I did use it on some raspberries once though...

Oh, in case there are others out there like me, a chinois is a cone shaped sieve-type thing that you put in it's stand, over a bowl, put your cooked apples (or other food too, I guess...) into, and smush it out through the holes using the wood pestle thing. Perfectly clear description eh?? See why it was hard to look up??

Comments (17)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus