SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilacs_of_may

frozen-preserved peaches

lilacs_of_may
16 years ago

Okay, until I think of something better or have more time, here is what I plan to do.

Blanch (1 minute boiling, 1 minute in ice bath) and skin peaches. Slice them. Dump them into a container for five minutes with 3 Vit. C tablets dissolved in water. Put them into plastic containers and cover them with honey water. Freeze them.

OR, put them through my tomato mill. Freeze in plastic bags or plastic containers.

I'm assuming that when I thaw them again they'll be fine to use for cobblers, pies, fruit bars, smoothies, jams, etc.?

This is my first year as the owner of a producing peach tree, and I'm being BURIED in peaches. Many are rotting before I can do anything with them.

I also want to make preserves and jam, but I need more equipment and more time. I also want to juice them to use as, well, juice, alone or in combo with other fruits. Also I'd like to make peach wine, but again that needs equipment, time, and more knowledge of the process.

Companies do kitchen remodels. I wish I could find one that could build me a root cellar. I've a little alcove in the garage that could be put to better use.

Comments (3)