SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellen_inmo

Recipes for homemade dips made from dehydrated infredients

ellen_inmo
11 years ago

Any of you ever gone to a craft fair, festival, etc; where a vendor is selling dried dip mixes? Around here, they are set up with dozens of those chilled and/or heated electric gadgets (electricity provided from generators) and you sample the dips with a pretzel stick. Some stands also have ice cream and soups. The vendors sell the mixes in small bags and you mix it with the dairy product yourself at home. I absolutely live these dips and go every year to stock up on them, as I eat A LOT of raw veggies with dip.

I can't help but wonder if there are recipes out there to make the same thing yourself at home. One package labeled as "Chipolte" lists dried onions, chipotle peppers, garlic, spices and parsley. No MSG's, no sugar, no salt, no fat, no preservatives, no gluten. Another one labeled "Artichoke and Spinach" contains dried artichoke, spinach, onion, cheddar cheese, whole milk, garlic, parsley, chives and spices.

I purchased from two stands this year selling practically the exact same things. I asked if they made these recipes themselves and they said no. One of these vendors said their job is to travel to these craft fairs and simply sell the product for the company. Heck of a profit I'm sure. They are always swamped with people and selling like crazy.

Are there any recipes for dehydrating that make similiar dried mixes such as these? Anyone here ever tried? While I'm all for supporting entrepreneurs and traveling vendors such as this, I also like to new things things to learn. Thanks for any input.

Comments (5)