SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Isabel Hibbard Intros for Late and Extra Late Blooms

newyorkrita
15 years ago

I am going to be one very busy bee planting new daylilies in the next few days.

My plan of extending the daylily bloom season here by adding more true late and very late blooming daylilies took a big step in the right direction today when I went and picked up the daylilies that I had ordered from local Long Island Hybridizer Isabel Hibbard in Farmingdale, Long Island, who specializes in hybridizing for true late and very late

daylilies. My garden is more north shore and hers more south shore but

August blooming there will be August blooming here which is exactly what I have been looking for. 36 new late bloomers will be added to my garden and all but one, SANDRA ELIZABETH, are Hibbard Intros.

Hers what I got-

Mini Flowers-

MERRY MUNCHKIN (late)

REBECCA ANN DEAN (late)

Mid Late-

NO PUEDE SER

CHARISMA PLUS

WINGED DOVE

Lates-

AUTUMN FAIR (bonus plant 2007)

LATE SESSION (listed as Late Season 2006)

AMBER FINALE

APRICOTE AFTERGLOW

COUNTDOWN TO FALL

EXIT STRATEGY

FAREWELL PARTY

FINAL CIRCLE

IMPERIAL BALL

LAST CREAMSICLE

LATEBREAKING NEWS

LATE HARVEST

MULTIPLE PERSONALITY

MUSIC OF THE NIGHT

TOKAY WINE

WHAT PRICE GLORY

Very Lates-

FAMOUS LAST WORDS (bonus plant 2006)

LATE WONDER 2007

AMOR ULTIMA

END OF STORY

FINAL ANSWER

FOREGONE CONCLUSION

LAST LAUGH

LAST WALTZ

LATE INTERLUDE

LATE ROUND

SEASONS END

SEPTEMBER SERENADE

Very Very Lates-

FINIAL FRONTIER

SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER (2007)

As I knew I was going to be picking them up today for several weeks, I have been busy planning and measuring were these will be going. The bulk will go in a new two row section that is going to be added to that daylily garden in the backyard called the cosmos garden. Another big section will be a row in the front yard near were my new row of Westbourne daylilies are planted, they will actually be further up the hill in what will ultimately be the third row of daylilies out in that section of the front.

These are all nice green fans, smaller than the large size I am used to getting from southern growers but dug from ordinary garden soil. I am sure they will take off nicely.

Of course I got the garden tour while I was out there. The daylilies are grown in a normal garden setting in clumps and when they grow enough to divide, she sells some. No lining out like in a more commercial sales garden.

When I was deciding on my selections, there were some that she was out of as she did not have enough fans to sell at this time. Now she is out of lots and lots more as I got the last fans to be sold of many of the intros for many years until they increase again. Apparently its slow going to get big clumps for sales. No way of knowing by looking at her website whatÂs not available as she does not note it on there.

I also saw many pictures taken of the blooms on her computer which are new digital pictures and the flowers were quite lovely. Apparently the pictures currently on the website are mostly photographs scanned in and the colors are not the best true representations.

Comments (33)