SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john__showme__usa

Somewhat OT .. Corn on the cob (on a stick)

John__ShowMe__USA
16 years ago

That's what I'm bringing to an annual gathering of chile-heads in late Sept. "Food on a Stick" is one of the themes. Primitive conditions so think tailgating. All I'll have is a 2 burner propane stove on a sturdy fold-up table for cooking.

Any ideas for preparing?

Large pot of boiling water on one side of the stove for cooking the corn I expect. I've seen bamboo skewers at WallyWorld and can probably find a wire basket there for cooking the corn. And I suppose a pot of butter on the other burner to dip into just before serving.

I've seen similar sold by street vendors in south Texas and Mexico.

Should I flavor the boiling water? Some salt maybe, but what else? And the butter... flavor it with something? I'll have a pepper mill available and assorted hot pepper powder shakers for the more adventurous. (like a gathering of chile-heads would need incentive to 'eat the heat')

Burritos on a stick would be more to my liking, but w/o a microwave don't know how would do. I rather like the corn on the cob idea and am thinking abt pickling cocktail onions with hot peppers to put on each end of skewer with corn between.

Help!

jt

Comments (9)