SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bassetta

Half Sour Pickle Recipe Question

bassetta
14 years ago

I tried the (Claussen) dill pickle recipe posted by "linda lou" back in 2008. The flavor smells and tastes great! I read a post by ksrogers saying that the claussen type are a half sour and should be put in the fridge after 2-5 days, not fully fermented as in 'linda lou's' recipe calls for 10-11 days. So, after the day 3, I tasted the pickle and the flavor was good, crispy, a bit too salty though and I could still taste the cucumber flavor. I packed them into the jars, some with all of the brine and some with half brine and half water. I was experiementing to see if the half solution would help with the too much salt factor. After 5 days, I taste tested both and the full brine was still too salty, but not as much as before and the half solution had a much less salty taste. With both taste tested, I could still taste the cucumber flavor.

I want to try this again, but I want to make sure that I won't get the cucumber flavor with my next batches. Ken, I have read your posts, so I am going to apologize in advance if you have already answered this question and don't feel obligated or waste your time in answering again. As I understand that life's chores are neverending and very time consuming!

Thanks, Amy

Comments (2)