SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cateyanne

2 batches annie's salsa/2 different results?

cateyanne
15 years ago

My first ever batch of Annie's Salsa was great! It tastes great, I love the consistency. Thanks Annie for the recipe!

Second batch done the next day looks weird in the jars. It is very thick and concentrated on top, almost like it is stuck to the lid, and very watery at the bottom. The second batch also has to be stirred up or it tastes vinegary where the first one does not. why the difference? The only thing I did different was to put the finished product in the fridge while I was waiting for the BWB to get closer to temp. the salsa was only in the fridge 20 min. Even with that short of a period of time the top has gone a little watery, so I stirred it and then I cooked it for the time alloted, adding 5 min. more for the sitting it had done and jarred and processed for 30 minutes. The first ones "pinged" almost instantly, in fact some went ping! as I was lifting them from the bath. the second batch all sealed but it took longer.

Any canners have experience with these particular problems? Was putting it in the fridge even for such a short time the mistake? Did I do something else wrong?

I want to make another batch, but I want it to come out like the first, not the second.

Cathy

Comments (8)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals