SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

Hurricane Tips & Old Friends

solstice98
15 years ago

Here's a link to a great thread from 2005. Yeah, I know that's a long time ago but when we all wrote this one it was a year after the The Big Hurricane Year and we compiled some great thoughts and advice. As we get into the busy part of the hurricane season there are some good things there to remember.

I was thinking about this as I watched the opening of the Olympics last night because 4 years ago, during the opening of the Games in Athens, Hurricane Charley hit. I was so mad when the TV went out! At the moment it happened I had no idea the damage was going to be so terrible.

As I read over the hurricane thread of messages today I was struck by how many of the GardenWeb friends who were regulars at the time are no longer posting. I know Fuzzy moved out of state and Bruggirl got into a tiff with Spike and "was sent to Disney". I miss them both. We also haven't seen many messages lately from Nicki but I get to see her once in a while so I know she's OK. And I talk to Patsums once in a while too but not often enough; I miss her posts too.

Has anyone heard from any of these folks?

Pinakbet

Zozzl (Pat, are you still out there?)

Irma in St. Pete

Rosieo

Bruggirl (maybe under a different name?)

I'm sure there are others too who seem to be missing. If you are an 'old timer' and are just lurking these days, say "Hi" so we know you are out there!

Kate

(One of the oldest of the old: first logged on to GardenWeb March 26, 2001)

Here is a link that might be useful: Hurricane Preparation Tips

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths