SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xxchris76xx

huge problem afraid im loosing my baby!!!!!

xxchris76xx
19 years ago

i aquired this plant in november from a friend at work.his mother in law died and had this and 20 other various tropical plants i aquired them all.they had been outside(low-mid 30 degree temps) and grossly neglected.i repotted them all in a highly organic potting soil,they all were doing great!!!!!then (end of dec./january)they showed up with bugs anything from spring tails to pill bugs,earthworms.another type of worms i never been able to name.etc.i used an inscecidal soap.i was so upset.but there were no warnings for hoyas on the lable.it took two treatments to get all the bugs and i never thought to flush the pot until yesterday when i was looking through your forum.the girl at the nursery said that i was giving it to much water cause the leaves (two were turning yellow.)so i stopped watering them after the treatment.even though i didnt believe her.this plant had two vines in the pot they were fairly large. the one vine completely lost all the leaves.the second one is not looking verry well at all.the stems of the leaves attaching to the vines are shriviling up a few even look brown and mushy. and the leaves are turning brown.some of them even looked mushy if you will for lack of a better turm but now are shriviling too.the over all look of my poor baby is i guess you could say wilty......bad!i feel so bad you dont see these around here ive never seen one till now and i dont know what to do i really need help.i flushed the pot yesterday,took a cutting off it,used rooting hormone and put it in the pot with the momma,sprayed the plants with water(room temp) and wrapped it in the plastic you use for you windows tapped it but not before blowing in the bag like a balloon it is cloudy here and will be for a week so the usual window spot were it sits getting afternoon sun only but indirect light allday is kind out of the question...so for now i put it under a table lamp.please somebody tell me what to do it took a hundred an eighty degree turn for the worst after i listened to the girl at the nursery and its dying quick ive done all i can think of and ive spent 150.00 trying to bring them all back.out of all ive lost two baby spider plants before i realize the problem was bugs and they all are fine now but this one i dont want to loose this one too.please someone help me its been 9 years since i had plants i still rember most things and am slowly recalling other stuff(bugs) but for this problem im at a loss ive never had a plant do this before.and i cant find any information on this problem.please tell me if ive done something wrong or how to help my baby please help me.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County