SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babesy_gw

SuperFund Site now in my garden, I'm afraid

babesy
9 years ago

Some damn fool tried to help me and I need to know if he just made things awful for me instead. Need opinions/info.

I have a fenced garden, it's probably 25 x 25. It's fenced with field fencing, and has a large gate that came off a dog kennel. Works great.

As I enter through the gate, I have to step down about 4 inches. No problem, I know it is there. I have never tripped there. (The entire garden area slopes almost inperceptably, very slightly) My husband decided he would fix that step-down.

Get ready for the stupidest.solution.ever. We live on a country road, private so we maintain our own road. There is a large pile of ground-up road blacktop at the end of the property, in a corner and on a curve in the road, which was piled up by the excavator after he finished grading the road.

My husband took his tractor (weapon of mass destruction) down the road and scooped up a big scoop of this black hideous stuff - chunks, rocks, dust of God only knows what. And he brought it back to our property, to my garden gate, and dropped it right there, right where I would step down to go into the garden, through my gate.

I (and subsequently he - after we had words over it) have shoveled up the mess and tried our best to return it to the pile of road base or whatever the *2(>$/* it is.

Here's the question: IS MY GARDEN GOING TO BE CONTAMINATED FOR LIFE BY RUNOFF AND RAIN SOAKING THIS NASTY LEFTOVER DUST INTO MY SOIL?????

Comments (15)