SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennieboyer

Dehydrating okra - questions

jennieboyer
9 years ago

All,

I am going to be dehydrating okra, and have a few questions:

1. I know the small pods are better for preserving and have mostly fairly small ones. I do have some that are pretty big - are they worth cutting in to rounds and dehydrating, or will they be poor quaility even if done this way?

2. I want to dehydrate mostly whole pods - is there any advantage to cutting them in half lengthwise, or is completely whole good?

3. I am going to do a cajun seasoning on some, and a sea salt sprinkle on others. Any other seasoning that works really well on these?

4. This is probably my biggest question - can I stop the dehydrator and return to it hours later? Here's an example - I can run it for the "recommended" time - say that is 24 hours. So I start it before I go to work one day and check it before I go to work the next day. If they are not done, I can either leave it running for another 8-9 hours, or I can turn it off and resume when I get home. I won't be able to get to check every few hours. I could start before I go to bed one night, but will have the same problem if they are not done in 24 hours - I don't want to get up every 2 hours to check them! What is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Jennie

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting