SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettylu_zone6a

My new hosta bed in winter - trying to figure out posting picture

bettylu_zone6a
14 years ago

Last fall I created a new hosta bed (after advice from all of you) that encompasses a pin oak tree and stretches from my driveway to the side property line and out to the sidewalk (about 13'x25'). At that time I did not have a camera and couldn't take a picture, but I do now and I'm going to give it a shot (after opening an account on Photobucket).

I still haven't split/moved one of my big hostas from the back yard to the large, raised circle of rocks on the right hand side for a Blue Mammoth. At some point, the wood half barrel planter is going to rot away and I could put the more sun-loving S&S there, but I probably will have to cut backward into the new bed because of the future size of the S&S (I sure don't want to drive over the overhanging leaves).

I can't wait to see all the newly purchased/planted hosta come up (there are about 20) - I am hoping that I won't lose any because we are definitely having a colder winter than usual. If you all have any suggestions/comments - feel free to offer them. I am really just in a 'anticipation mode' waiting to see what everything is going to look like in the spring!

BettyLu

PS OK, I see that I have the link, but how do you get the picture to show up in the message?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (2)