SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zabby17

Mustard Pickles!

zabby17
17 years ago

My mom recently was given a jar of home-canned goodies by an acquaintance she visited. Being neither nostalgic for old-fashioned recipes, nor very adventurous in her eating habits, she took one look at the yellowish, vegetable-y contents, and passed it on at the next available opportunity to my brother, who passed it on to me. The jar has no label, and my mom doesn't remember what it "was supposed to be."

Well, what it was was excellent! It contained onions, cauliflower, red pepper, and I think some more veggies but it's been long gone for a few weeks now and I can't say for sure. It was briny and mustardy and I've never had anything quite like it, but it went with everything!

I think it must have been some kind of Mustard Pickle. I'm going to try to tactfully find the recipe from the original donor (whose daughter is a friend of mine) without making clear my mom wouldn't touch the stuff, but in the meantime does anyone have any killer mustard pickle recipes to share? Ken, I know you mentioned one in another thread!

Zabby

Comments (19)