SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whiteraven27

found pickle crisp but.... (more questions)

whiteraven27
17 years ago

Happy to report that I was able to find Pickle crisp at Walmart here- it was by the canning jars and pressure cookers rather than with the usual spices selection.

However, I have a ton more questions (and here I thought I was ready lol) First, forgive me if I am dense but when doing Linda Lou's pickles and you cover them in boiling water and let it sit for a whole day- do you just leave the cukes out and not refrigerated? (this worries me as it can get quite warm here even if it is Wisconsin) Also another real newbie question- exactly how big is a "pickling cuke"? The burpless hybrids I am using are likely quite a bit bigger- maybe too big so I am completely unsure how many to use. They are supposed to grow long and thin (15" or so) but for some reason mine seem to be staying a bit shorter but much bigger diameter- probably the size of a canned tin of biscuts? I may have to go out and snag some while they are much smaller? Also you don't peel the cukes right? I picked them late this evening and would like to start in the morning while the elderberry juice is draining.

Comments (12)