SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Start of the Late Show and those hanging on Part 1

celeste/NH
9 years ago

My lates are hitting their stride and there are some mid-lates that are still hanging on. I still have plenty of color but every day there are less and less. This is why I focused the past couple years on acquiring a lot of late-bloomers. This is but a sampling of what is going on and I will have to do this in multiple postings over a few days. Hope there are still some of you checking the forum these days. Thanks for looking if you are! I have plenty more to go and still photos I never got around to posting from earlier.

Celeste

FRANK'S STAR OF BETHLEHEM does not know that it is supposed to bloom Early. Every year it blooms along with the lates for me. I have several that do not bloom when they are supposed to....rebels!

CAROL'S GENTLE PRESENCE

AMERICA'S FAVORITE FIREWORKS

NORTHWIND DANCER

BEYOND THUNDER DOME still blooming

TECHNY SPIDER

FINALIST....with VT Sophie in the background

CATHERINE NEAL

CHICAGO APACHE

FANCY FINISH

ORCHID CORSAGE

Some of you asked about my raised rock beds. I made them with native rock I collected or dug out of the ground, nothing fancy, just functional because I cannot plant directly into the ground (except for over the septic field where the lawn is). My yard was once woodland and there are still stumps, roots and tons of granite rock in the soil so I have to build beds. I went outside and counted 17 beds, some are smaller like the ones below, but some are quite long and large like the borders by the road. I have hauled quite a ton of rocks and soil in the past few years (all by wheelbarrow).

just showing some of the borders of raised rock....

LIVE JAZZ

SEPTEMBER BLAZE

I literally have dozens more photos just of the late-bloomers to post but too many for this time. Will post again soon!

Comments (20)