SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yoshi4696

jams and fruit pectin

yoshi4696
13 years ago

Hello I am new at this. I just made my first 2 batches of strawberry jam (more like strawberry soup) my daughter syrene and I were so disappointed after all the reading,book and supply buying we did. I followed the ball recipe for strawberry jam, maybe the strawberries were too ripe, we used sure pectin the second batch did get kind of thick but we have 4 pints of soup. Do you think 7 cups of suger is a bit much? To me the jam was very sweet aren't there jams that call for less sugar and the same 1.75 box of pectin. It is very hard to find fruit pectin in new york. City. I've checked pathmark,ace hardware, most health food stores (except whole foods that's tomorrows mission) hardware stores in the lower east side, keyfood,walgreens, trader joes my list can go on. Ace will order it for me for $5 a box. I did find it at walmart in NJ next time I will buy them out, any how I don't want sugarfree recipes just if I use less sugar am I ok, like using 5 cups instead of 7 and when can I try to recan the 4 pints, today, its been 2 days now do I use another box of pectin oooh please help, yoshi

Comments (4)