SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksrogers

Oxo Salad Spinner

ksrogers
15 years ago

Got one of these neat spinners last summer, as I had planned to grow a lot of leaf lettuce. It does a great job in removing most all rinse water from the leaves. It nearly dries the leaves to a point where they have very little moisture left on the surface. Afterwards, I pack the greens in a big 2 gallon zipper bags and they usually last about 4-5 days without going totally limp. Since the water is spun out, I figured why not do the same with blanched peas, string beans, and even broccoli crowns. It has proven its worth there too. I spin it about 30 seconds and most all the residual water flies off. The blanched veggies get placed in a big clean bath towel to absorb any further water. Then the veggies get bagged, and into the freezer. The result is the veggies that have very little water left on their surfaces, and are easy to seperate when needed. Placing the blanched veggies on flat cookie sheets in the freezer just isn't a good option if you are dealing with 20 pounds of broccoli in one big batch.

Comments (7)