SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kate2008_gw

getting rid of a mean and nasty hedge

kate2008
15 years ago

I moved into my house just a few weeks ago and find that a hedge grown on my property line is preventing access to my back yard. The heat pump lies in the narrow space between the hedge and the house. Apparently access to the back has been to drive the riding mower over my neighbor's lawn to my back gate. The neighbor has been pretty nice about allowing this travel over her immaculate grass.

I want to remove the hedge which is holly, sharp-prickly and in the way. My neighbor would like to see oncoming traffic as she backs out onto the street. Her husband is concerned that pulling out the mature hedge would rip the edges of his perfect lawn and might create a string of holes or a trench that would not be properly filled. His grass would suffer. He mentioned that he cut down a crape myrtle that had been planted too close to his foundation and he is successfully combating new growth with stump killer.

Can I cut the hedge off at the ground level and put stump killer on the remains to prevent it from growing again?

Kate

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21