SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Thinking about buying propane burner for PCing

2ajsmama
9 years ago

But the links to Northern Tool that Dave has given in the past aren't loading for me. Ocean State Job Lot near me has a turkey fryer type burner (large, round, tall legs) but there are problems regulating such burners? I can't find it in their online circular but they also have a table-top SS butane burner that looks promising, only 9,000 something BTU but I wanted to buy a Coleman like that at Goodwill months ago (new) and DH said no, they burn through those little bottles really quickly and would be too expensive to use those bottles for canning (esp. PC clams, etc. for 100 minutes) so look for something we could use the large propane tanks like gas grill does.

Here's the link to the SS burner page (top left) - I think it uses those same little bottles, not even the larger diameter bottles shown in the inset.

Which would be better, or if anyone has a working link to another for less than $50 I'd appreciate it. I'm going to be doing a canning demo (TBD, may just be very small pot, very small jars BWB if all I have is my 1000W solid burner and a crockpot) at someone else's farm early Sept so I need something portable, small, preferably not table-top but I could take 2 tables and large tempered glass counter-saver.

Here is a link that might be useful: SS butane burner

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting