SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angeliac_gw

No Linda Lou's Sweet Pickles for Me...

angeliac
16 years ago

I am trying to make Linda Lou's Sweet Pickles, but can't get my pickling cucumbers to cooperate. I planted one row of Burpless and one row of pickling cucumbers. For some reason, I ended up with 1 1/2 rows of Burpless and 1/2 row of the pickling cukes. I am getting 5 - 10 gallons of burpless every day. I am getting a dozen of the pickling. I picked them yesterday and stored them in the outside garden fridge. I picked them this morning and had just enough. When I went to get the ones from yesterday (in the fridge) they were soft and soggy feeling. I picked them approximately four to five inches long. They were very firm when picked.

Now I have 12 cukes again... The same thing happened to the yellow crook-necked squash, but the white scalloped squash seem fine. What could be happening? I keep a close watch on the temperature, so I know it is not that.

Any help will greatly be appreciated. I am in Mississippi (hot, humid, did I say hot???)

At this rate I will always be one day away from Linda Lou's Sweet Pickles... LOL

Thanks!

AngeliaC

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting