SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natives_and_veggies

neglectable wall planter plants

Hey all,

One of this weekend's projects was hanging some neat planters that I got really cheap onto the back fence and sticking firecracker plants in them. Because firecracker plants seem to be just about unkillable.

But... now the back fence, that looked like a normal back fence before I hung planters on it, suddenly has a long vertical spot on the gate (which we don't use) that looks empty and unplanted. And my source of cheap, matching planters dried up, so the answer is not more planters of firecracker. I need some contrast.

The fence is on the south side of the property, so they would get bright, bright shade in the summer and less bright shade in the winter, with the shade deepening the lower on the fence I hung them.

Anyone got thoughts on something that will survive the pot neglect that it will invariably suffer in my yard during the dry (and vegetable-growing) season? I have to admit I will pamper veggies and nothing else in the winter.

I know, I should learn how to post pictures and show y'all all of this, but from my description, anyone have thoughts? Are there herbs that would do well there?

always grateful for GW advice,

susannah

Comments (6)