SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wyattdog_gw

All-fruit spread recipes (like Smucker's Simply Fruit jams)

15 years ago

I'm looking for no-sugar jam recipes and would like to use juices to sweeten it rather than sugar and have an end result like Smucker's Simply Fruit products.

A couple years ago I tried the Pomona pectin with strawberry jam and I think white grape juice concentrate. I found that the consistency wasn't exactly the same as a jam - more like a cross between a jam and apple butter. The strawberry flavor didn't seem as strong also. It also didn't have a red color like jams using sugar - it was more of a darker red/gray color.

Has anyone had success with the Ball Pectin no-sugar recipes (using white grape juice?)

Should I keep trying Pomona's? Would other fruits have similar results as the original strawberry that I made? Someone suggested using ascorbic acid with Pomona's - how much and what are the results?

What type of juice should I use? - concentrate from frozen can, bottled 100% juices, etc.?

I have a bunch of strawberry puree in my freezer waiting to be made into jam and would rather have a tried & true recipe than have to experiment myself and lose precious berries. Thanks for any input.

Comment (1)