SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Well I have 16 pounds of strawberries, now what

girlsingardens
17 years ago

I was so excited when we were out of town this last weekend and they had Driscoll strawberries that were nice and small and taste wonderful. Rhiannon could eat a box a day at least, but I wanted to make some more jams and preserves. I usually make strawberry Rhubarb, but too many times all the fruit rises to the top. What can I do to help settle the fruit throughout the jars.

Second thing I like to make is strawbery jam. My problem is I don't think that I cut the strawberries up enough and they are really chunky and float to the top. I am wondering if I should use the blender or food processor to smush up the strawberies a little more. Right now I have big chunks of strawberries, and the jell is seperated at the bottom. I hope someone could help.

Any other canning ideas for strawberries would be appreciated. I toyed around with the idea of dragging out the food processor and dehydratings some for snacks for the girls. Seeing as with our remodeling our stove is now in the middle of the living room, I will have to prep the strawberries and freeze them until I get a chance to make the jams. I plan on freezing at least some of them after maserating in sugar to use in shakes and strawberry shortcake.

Would love some ideas and recipes LOL

Stacie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional