SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skye_tx

Came by to say hi and Made Annie's Salsa

skye_tx
17 years ago

HEy everyone - I only wander by about once a year do you may not remember me.

I just got done making Annies Salsa with some tweaks of course. I hope these are ok. I used just undera cup of lime juice cause we like lime... I topped that with apple cider vinagar to make a cup and just because I am paranoid I added another half cup of apple cider vinegar. My salsa ended up runnie because the tomatoes were REALLY juicy and were frozen from last summer. BUt I like it that way. I didnt put the paste or sauce in it, but I am taking my chances there, we dont like the taste of sauce or paste. I am hoping there is enough heat.... I was afraid to put too many jalapenos cause I am a wimp. hot from the pot it tasted very limey but a lot like the restaurants we like. I hope hubby likes it. My batch ended up making 5 jars(quart I think) with a little for tasting left over. I was real lucky that was exactly how many jars I had and how many will fit in the canner. OH - I used a BWB - hence the 1 cup of lime juice/vinegar.

FOrgive my aweful typeing - I am using hubbys laptop and cant type to save my life on it.

Serena

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida