SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rogue64_gw

How long can you refrigerate Apple Butter?

rogue64
15 years ago

Greetings All,

I've been thinking about making a small batch of Apple Butter (1 pint or less). At the moment I'm still trying to decide if I want to take up canning, so no canner yet. Soooo... If I just refrigerate the Apple Butter how long will it last? Can I extend the time by adding a teaspoon of Fruit-Fresh? FYI, I plan on using stove-top for the first half and baking for the second half.

In case you're interested, I encountered the Apple Butter recipe here and thought it looked interesting. I also purchased a new Zojirushi Bread Machine a few weeks ago and have been playing with it (completely clueless on how to make bread which is why I bought a Bread Machine ;) ). Earlier this week I lopped off the crust end of a fresh loaf, smeared it with butter and took a bite. YUM! Then it occurred to me that the Apple Butter I thought looked "interesting" would probably go great with a fresh, crusty heel. YUMMIER (I hope :D )! Now all I have to do is make it and figure out a way to store it since I'm the only one here.

Regards,

Tim :)

Comments (16)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES